Sunday, April 3, 2011

Recipe #11: "Family Style" Tiramisu

I definitely think THE best tiramisu you can find is at an Italian restaurant called Maggiano’s.  It is SOOOO good there….perfection in fact, and it is the main reason why I wanted to have our rehearsal dinner there J I would love to make something comparable to that, so I was excited and nervous to take on this recipe.
This is a no-bake, so it goes without saying that it was pretty easy.  The hardest part was actually finding lady fingers!  I didn’t really know what these things were, so looking in the right area was sort of a challenge….by the way, who came up with this name anyway?  When I actually found them (at the 3rd grocery store I visited mind you), I was surprised to find that they looked more like fat-sausage fingers than the “lady-like” ones I was envisioning. 
I took the finished product over to a dear friend who is tiramisu –aficionado.  I warned her that it was a bit rummy for my taste.  She gave me some great suggestions (thanks Carolyn!), at and the end of her tiramisu taster, we were both sure that she was a little toasty J  Next time, I think I will use more espresso, less rum, and soak the lady fingers more for a perfect little concoction!

No comments:

Post a Comment