Sunday, April 3, 2011

Recipe #13: "At Home" Lemon Yogurt Cake

I love lemon stuff.  It is the perfect spring/summer flavor!  Ina definitely has great citrus desserts…..partly because I think she is a little heavy-handed with citrus zest.
This one is absolutely wonderful.  This is a lot like the Family Style Orange Pound Cake recipe.  While it is a little more work, the sugar & citrus juice she has you pour over the cooling cake definitely makes it even more moist and flavorful.  With the orange pound cake, the consensus was that I should top it with more glaze, so that’s exactly what I did with this one, and I think it is absolutely perfect.  Totally bringing this to a summer bbq!
By the way, my friend Andra bought and left me a handheld citrus juicer in my box the other week!  It definitely came in handy for the freshly squeezed lemon juice needed in this recipe (thanks Andra!).  I will now be deleting that off of my wish list and adding a glass cake pedestal with a dome top J I think it will be the perfect holder for most of the sweet treats I am making. 

2 comments: