Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Recipe #1 Ressurected: Cheesecake Perfection!

I think that if achieving dessert contessa status was like the girl scouts, I think I just got a new badge J  This week, I wanted to do a throw back to my first recipe by trying to tweak it!  Perfect place to test my creation?  Easter dinner with the fam J
This time, I used less lemon zest, a different cream cheese mixturee, more fruit (which I changed to strawberries because they were out of raspberries at the market), and made the crust more evenly pressed in the pan. 
I was SO excited to hear literally no complaints or even suggestions (not that I don't love them, but their absence was due to the fact that my family and coworkers were mmmm-ing too much to critique!).  I am normally so critical of my creations, and even I was super satisfied. 
Note for anyone making a fruit topping with a jelly syrup: don’t worry if it seems too saucy!  Cheesecake seems to be thick enough that the topping doesn’t seep in….thank goodness!  I was semi-freaking out that the cake was going to be ruined by getting soggy in the car on the way over to my mom's). 
Ps: I missed last week’s blog as I was in Vegas (woohoo!), so I will need to make up a recipe at some point.   I guess that’s what summers are for J

No comments:

Post a Comment