Sunday, May 8, 2011

Recipe #15: "At Home" Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

I know how much I’ve talked about loving desserts on here (and I know you are wondering if I am seriously huge by now, and the answer is actually no…..thanks to weight watchers J), but I think one of my favorite sweet treats is peanut butter & chocolate ice cream from Baskin Robbins.  Second to that would be peanut butter cups.  This duo is simply the best, so combining them in cupcake form sounded heavenly!
Somehow I thought this recipe would act differently than all of Ina’s other cake recipes at altitude…..even though it is still a cake recipe, something about it being in tiny, individual portions might make it work?  Mmmm, no such luck.
The cupcakes were a cinch to make, but unfortunately, they didn’t rise (see pic below).  I was expecting them to be an eggy mess like the other cakes I’ve made, but they weren’t!  The cake itself still tasted good, so I decided to make the frosting anyway and treat the sunken cake centers as a of tasty trough for extra frosting :)  I think you have to eat them with a fork because the batter somehow is stuck to the cupcake liners.  Oh well!

A note to all of my fellow contessas: A small carton of buttermilk or whipping cream is the EXACT equivalent of 1 cup.  Just a tip so that you don’t buy a larger carton and end up having it go to waste like I’ve done a dozen times. 

I am excited that our Denver farmer’s markets opened for the season this past weekend!  Berry contessa recipes, here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment