Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Recipe #7: "Family Style" Jam Thumbprint Cookies

Seriously….what is better than butter, sugar, and vanilla?  That’s pretty much what makes up the shortbread dough in this recipe and is my favorite taste-testing stage of any cookie recipe.
Loved that I could make this dough and toss it in the fridge to chill while doing laundry, browse Real Simple, etc.  Once chilled, the cookies are just a bit more work than other scoop-and-drop cookies in that you need to pinch off dough, roll it, egg-wash it, dredge it in coconut, press a dent in it and then drop jam into each little ball.  But once it’s all said and done, not only are they super cute lil’ cookies but they are SUUUPER tasty.  This recipe is definitely proof that less is more….YUM!
By the way, it seems to me that there are a lot of people out there who don’t like coconut, and I just can’t help but feel that their lives are a little less sweet. 
Side note: I love that this recipe is found in the kids section….I can’t wait for our little Deano to help with the “thumbprint” part of the recipe!
My next research question: Why do some cookie recipes call for the dough to be chilled and others do not?  Is this just a shortbread thing?  I wonder…

No comments:

Post a Comment