Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Recipe #1 Continued: The Verdict!


I am happy to report that overall, everyone loved the cheesecake (a big woohoo for my first blog recipe)!  Almost everyone said it was delish, had good texture, had a great fruit topping, and that the crust was yummy.  I too thought it was good, but there are definitely some things I would change:
-          Less Zest:  The first thing that came to my mind (as well as my husband’s…who, first and foremost, definitely liked it) was that there was a bit too much lemon zest in it.  Most of my coworkers either didn’t notice or didn’t mind, but my husband and one of his friends thought something was just a little off about it.
-          Less Filling:  I think next time I will try putting in just a little bit less filling in my 9” pan (picky note: Ina says her spring form pan states that it is 9” when it really measures 9 ½ …perhaps this accounts for the excess filling I had).  This might make a better filling:crust ratio.
-          More Fruit: I actually only used 1/3 of the fruit topping, thinking that the full amount would be too much.  Now that I’ve made it, I think 2/3 would be perfection.
By the way, I loved getting the honest feedback!  I can only get better if people tell me what they really think.  (But it was great getting the compliments too!)   
Biggest lesson learned?  Cheesecake texture is apparently a very personal thing!  While some people like their cheesecake creamier, others like it with a little more bite.  I don’t think my current contessa status is up for the “perfect texture” challenge.  I think I’ll stick to the semi-basic recipe tweaking for now.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to need to get in on the tasting of these. Ill be great - you know how opinionated I can be!! :-)

    ReplyDelete